Monday, October 27, 2014

My passion - show and tell

We've been lighting the wood stove every day.  It's getting cold, and the rains have started.  In the past few days, many gallons of rain have fallen onto our soggy soil and into our raging rivers.  In other words: we are housebound.
It's perfect, though, really, it is.  I am spending lots of time spinning yarn and knitting.  I am also spending way too much time in front of the computer, playing with a new photo editing program.  I've been revamping some of my pictures of sweaters I knitted and yarn I spun.  Oh, I'm having so much fun with this!  
Let me show them off to you, okay?  You don't have to be a knitter to appreciate them, so bear with me.


Here is a sweater I wore a lot, and then threw it into the washing machine, where it got wrapped around the center and stretched like crazy.  Usually, people shrink clothes in the washer, but I manage to stretch them.


Here is a sweater that gets me stopped on the street, literally.  People are forever asking me if I made it, and what pattern it is.  I think I should just wear a sign around my neck with all the info whenever I wear this thing.  Here's the front, and below is the back.



Next up is a figure-hugging cardigan-type sweater that I loved a lot when I still had boobs, meaning when I nursed a baby.  Now, it fits very differently on my boy-ish, no-more-boobs body.  Ohhh, how I loved my cleavage when I had babies!


Here is my handsome, model-worthy hunk of a husband.  Honestly, couldn't he be on the cover of a magazine?  I knitted him this sweater ten years ago, and he still wears it, although it now sports a bunch of holes.



Ahhh, and here's the shrug combined with one of my felted hats.  Did I mention that my photo editing program has a feature that erases your wrinkles?  I kid you not!  It's terrible that I used that feature on my face, because I'm always so proud of being all natural and stuff, but for these fashion-shots?  I want no wrinkles, and they shall be removed.


This picture is awfully grainy, but it can't be helped, not even with my new editing program.  It whitened my teeth though, and what more do you need, I ask?


This one was fun to knit, with wooden beads and all.  I don't wear it much, but I should.


Another one with lace.  You can tell I really love knitting lace.  My red hair, the purple sweater, and the pink one underneath it are clashing terribly, but please forgive me.  I was too lazy to retake the shot...


Ohhhh, and I love this one, the Kelmscott sweater.  As soon as I saw the pattern in a magazine, my heart rate accelerated.  I HAD to knit it for myself.  And I did.


This one I knitted when I was 14 years old.  Yep, back in Germany.  It fit me then, it fits me still.  In some ways, it helps to not have any boobs after all.


This one has a soft spot in my heart because it is made from all my own handspun yarn.  And not only that, but the white yarn is the first yarn I EVER spun, so I was extra proud of it.


Here is my most recent sweater for Steve.  I knit it when we were in Mexico.  He didn't want to wear it there.  Then we came back to this, and he happily wore it.


Here is another sweater I made when I was a teenager in Germany.  It looks kind of 80's, doesn't it?


And last, but totally not least, if you are still with me, here's a sweater I made that I live in.  A lot.


You can probably tell by now that I really love knitting.  People have asked me for years if I teach on-line knitting classes.  Although I have taught many people one-on-one how to knit (the European, fast way - not the American, slow way), I have never taught an on-line class.  I think it's time.  I welcome any suggestions on how to do this, in case anyone reads this who has experience with such a thing.  I just am not very tech-savy.  I'd rather knit.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Corina,
    I highly recommend this program: anymeeting.com
    It's very simple to use and you can try it out for free (even use it for free if you don't mind the ads).
    Hi from your German/swabian FP sister ;-D
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia,
      So nice to hear from you! I'll check out your recommendation.
      How are you doing, I haven't heard from you in so long!
      Hugs,
      Corina

      Delete
  2. Hi Corina,
    I am really well, thank you! Your Blog is fun to read and I hope you'll enjoy anymeeting :-)
    Much love,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts